Courses of R.I.O.S.
The Rural Institute of Open Schooling (RIOS) provides opportunities to interested learners by making available the following Courses of Study through open and distance learning.
- 10th Class (High school )
- High School Certificate Examination
- This course is equivalent to the 10th standard. You can choose subjects from the scheme of studies given in the Table provided. However, you will be required to successfully complete a minimum of five subjects with at least one language or at most two languages, which is compulsory for certification.
- 12th Class (Intermediate Course)
- Intermediate Examination Certificate
- This course is designed for those who have One Year Studies after 10th standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board and would like to continue their Education towards a Senior Secondary certification, equivalent to 12th standard.
Issue of Mark sheet and Certificate
You shall receive a Mark sheet on declaration of result directly at your Address through post. Provisional andMigration Certificate will be issued to successful candidates only. The passing certificate will be issued in about six months after declaration of the result. All the certificate will be directly dispatch at your mailing address by the Regional Centre
Declaration of results and issue of certificates and mark-sheet
Immediately on completion of board examination but not exceeding one month, results would be declared and certificates/ mark-sheets would be issued through the Academic Centers. The following certificates would be issued by the RIOS:
- Mark-sheet and examination certificate
- Character certificate
- Migration/transfer certificate
INSTRUCTION FOR EXAM PAPERS
- Maximum Number of Marks is 100 per subject.
- The question paper consist 100 questions.
- All the questions are compulsory for both 10th & 12th standard.
- The duration for solving the exam paper is 45 minutes for the practical papers whichHas Maximum of 80+20 marks for 10th class.
- The duration for solving the exam paper is 45 minutes for the question paper which has Maximum of 70+30marks for 12th class.
- 1hour duration for solving question paper which has maximum of 100 marks. Both for 10th & 12th exams.
Eligibility criteria and Documents required:
10th (High school) :
- Age above 14 years
- 1) Attested copy of Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal Authority or District Office of the Registrar of Birth and Deaths
2) TransferCertificate/School Leaving Certificate showing applicant’s date of birth, issued by the last school attended by the applicant. In case of Govt. schools the transfer certificate/school leaving certificate should be signed by the Principal while in the caseof Private schools it should also be countersigned by the competent education authority of State/or District Education Officer
|Course||Subject Offered||Scheme of Studies|
|10th (High school)||Group-A||Six Subjects with at least two|
|Hindi (201) , English (202) ,Kannada (208) , Mathematics (221) ,||languages. Minimum of six subjects.|
|Science (223) , Social (224) , Home science (222)|
|Medium Of Study||English|